A full day of Disneyland! The first time I ever came here was the day after Ryan and I were married and we came here on our honeymoon. Of course I loved it - it was my honeymoon and it was my introduction to Ryan's dedication and true love for Disneyland ... which I still did not fully understand or agree with. This trip I confess I am beginning to see the light. Past trips to Disneyland or Disneyworld nave been draining for me and kind of pointless because I felt such a need to recuperate just from those "vacation" trips. This trip I'm handling it better :-) I don't know why, but I'm sure it's helping that I can blog at the end of the day and process everything that way. I wrote things down throughout the day to help me remember everything. It started out this morning at a pretty normal time and we had breakfast at the bakery in Disneyland (a blueberry muffin and milk, and Ryan had a yogurt parfait and Kyle had a cinnamon roll and Anna had a chocolate croissant and chocolate milk). Then we rode the Buzz Lightyear ride two times. Then they conned me into accidentally riding Space Mountain with them. I mean it wasn't that hard cuz I wanted to go on rides with my family but I'd forgotten how much I really couldn't stand Space Mountain. They hadn't forgotten ... but they told me it was totally not extreme. Ryan took a picture with his iphone of the picture of us on the ride and the look on my face is misery and panic. The next ride was Captain Eo, a little calmer. Actually it's not a ride, it's a show. Then we went on Autopia. Ryan rode with Anna behind Kyle and me. It was fun riding with Kyle, the highlight being his cellphone call to Ryan during the "drive". Then we rode It's a Small World, a classic Disneyland ride. Then in ToonTown we all walked through Mickey's house and Donald's house. Then Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin ride but Anna backed out at the beginning so she and I waited outside for the boys to ride it. Lunch at the something Haus where Ryan found pretzel bun bratwurst hotdogs but I shared a pretty tasty little flatbread pizza with Anna. Pirates of the Caribbean ride ... some time in the stores looking for a bag and a red hoodie and meeting Holly from Canada, the sweet older Disney cashier lady that offered much great advice on how to maximize out fun here. Dinner watching the live band - bacon bbq cheeseburger and a chocolate parfait and then the Indiana Jones ride (Anna drove). Then we visited Ryan's friend that he met at a con in Florida, Karen, and her friend Dene and Dene's daughter Sierra. We sat and talked for a little while, during which I heard the Knack singing We Are Family and I could totally imagine the Bray family singing that song in a few years. Then we started walking out of the park but went very slowly so we could watch the Disney end-of-the-day firework show. There's a sound clip they play during the firework show of Walt Disney talking about what he hopes Disneyland can represent to people of the world and he mentions the principles that America is founded on. I can't remember exactly what he says but it struck me as a very beautiful and true, intelligent thought. I'll have to look it up someday or read a book about Walt Disney or something. Got back to the hotel at 10:30 or so ... now I'm going to bed at midnight and tomorrow will be California Adventure.
My Little World
My Little World started here on blogspot, then moved to vox for several months, then vox shut down so this is once again the living My Little World. All its past has been wiped out so we get to start alllllll over!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home