Back into the Groove
Okay, so first there was that road trip for the four of us to Dallas in March for All-con, then a few days later Ryan and I went to Orlando (Mega-con) for a week :-) and the day after we got home Ryan's Grandpa Wayne passed so a few days later Ryan and I flew to California for the funeral and to touch base with family there. It was really a good trip ... It felt so wonderful to see everyone and hangout, even if it was only for a very short time. I wish so much that there was not this long distance between Oklahoma and California. I wish we could do dinner at Fuddrucker's every month ... and a dinner-making party at Aunt Sue and Uncle Steve's every Sunday. So we got there on a Friday and hung out at Grandma's house with mom and dad and Scott and his awesome family. Baby Stoney is just scrumptious! He loves making noise (it's in his blood:-). Cameron and Lisette arrived that night and Saturday at noon was the funeral. I met dad's cousin Pritchet that lives with his family close to mom and dad in AZ. And I met Larry Christiansen son of Gary (Grandma's brother). The service was perfect, I think. I think Grandpa would have approved of it ... and that's saying something. He probably would have appreciated most all of the family gathered together. Like we were two years ago for Grandma's birthday. Now that I'm remembering that trip, I'm especially glad everyone met in CA for that. What a glorious celebration that must have been for Grandma and Grandpa. A DVD/slide show was shown during the dinner after the funeral that Brittney's husband, Brandon, put together summing up Grandpa's very full and wonderful life. I think it would have brought tears to Grandpa's eyes ... again, that's saying something, but it was *really* good. Sunday we went to Sacrament meeting at Grandma's ward for testimonies from 11:00 to 12:15 and then to Steve and Sue's house for a wonderful dinner. Monday Ryan and I went up to Vallejo to visit Ryan's BFF Wade and his wife Colleen and their new little baby Connor. We ate at Pasta Primadoro, right around the corner from their place. It was Delish. Oh I have to give special mention to their Great Dane, Blue. He's the Biggest Dog I've ever seen. Maybe part horse? But he was so sweet and gentle. So now we are back and finished running around like chickens with out heads cut off. I am blogging even if I have to do it "the hard way", on my iPhone. My projects now include getting *my* steampunk ghostbuster-lady outfit together, a mosaic project I have all the stuff for but I have been afraid to start figuring out how to do, and exercise and diet.

1 Comments:
It was so good to see you guys too.
Post a Comment
<< Home