My Little World

My Little World started here on blogspot, then moved to vox for several months, then vox shut down so this is once again the living My Little World. All its past has been wiped out so we get to start alllllll over!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Yesterday was Wednesday and I went to Anna's YW activity meeting at the Merkleys house and my mom and dad and I got dinner at Cici's Pizza. At night I was upstairs in the bathroom and I heard a goose honking alot. Didn't think much of it cuz we can hear birds all the time here. But this morning when Ryan and the kids started for school at 7:15 there was an injured goose alive and just sitting in a corner of our driveway. I discovered the goose when I took the garbage out (cuz it's Thursday garbage day :-) and gave it some bread. It just hissed at me and did not eat the bread, but it got up with great effort to get away from me and I saw that it's left leg was messed up. So for a few hours today we had a yardpet, a mean gimp goose but the Animal Control people came and picked him up (my mom called them). So now the goose will be doctored up and not killed or eaten by a coyote or other predator. Also today was an awards "assembly" at the kids' school. Kyle received three (3) formal awards for his strong performance as a student in middle school. Today was his last official day as an eighth grader and I love how the school finishes up the 8th grade year with an awards ceremony and then tomorrow will be a trip to Washington DC. About 90 kids in the 8th grade class and just about every one of them got an award for something. I love their school and everything it's doing to nurture self awareness and self confidence! Ryan and Kyle and I went to Chipotle Grill for lunch. In the evening Ryan had a softball game and the 2nd game got cancelled cuz of thunderstorm. Coincidentally the Thunder played the Dallas Mavericks in Dallas tonight and won! I'm not really a basketball fan ... until tonight.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home