My Little World

My Little World started here on blogspot, then moved to vox for several months, then vox shut down so this is once again the living My Little World. All its past has been wiped out so we get to start alllllll over!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Well. Sooo much has happened I'm feeling anxiety just thinking about sitting here trying to remember it all and type it up with my handy iphone. Okay. Since the last post... a week of the boys in Utah and just me and Anna here responsible for packing, locking up the house, and remembering everything. I get heartburn just thinking about it. But we did it! We flew with my mom and dad to Anchorage and met Ryan and Kyle there. Kyle had an awesome time at EFY and Ryan was a terrific uncle to Taylor and Stoney that week. Sunday morning we took the scenic "train" up to Seward to board the Zaandam ship and that was the start of our wonderful Alaskan cruise! Highlights include Glacier National Park and stops at Haines, Juneau, and Ketchikan... seeing whales spouting water from the pub trivia one night, and our night'o'victory at the team pub trivia on the final night. I identified the answer to the first question and Anna amazed us all by knowing the final tie-breaker question: how many ridges are around the edge of a dime? 118. The cruise ended on Sunday and we got off the ship and spent the day with Cameron and Lisette ... they drove up to meet with us and enjoy Vancouver together!! It was such a great day- like icing on the cruisecake! I have to mention that we ate at this awesome crepe restaurant on Robson, I had a savoury spinach and feta with chicken added crepe and a strawberry/dark chocolate crepe ... DELISH!!! And we learned about Vancouver's Stanley Park! With walking/running/biking/rollerblading trails, a huge community swimming pool and beautiful landscaping to look at and enjoy ... it's too bad Vancouver isn't in Oklahoma. haha. The next day started early since we had three (3) flights to catch to get all the way home. We did it and everything is in good working order. I have a few weeks now to get ready for another trip out to Washington and California for 20 year class reunion gatherings! The good news is that I'll be in the U.S. the whole time so I will keep my iphone charged and try to keep My Little World updated!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisette said...

It was great seeing you guys. Glad you got home safe and sound.

6/30/2011 10:15 AM  
Blogger Shawna said...

Lisette I sooooo loved walking around Vancouver with you and Cameron! Thank you again for driving up there to meet with us. I'm *really* looking forward to Seabrooke!

7/03/2011 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home