Finalllllyyy.....!
I just got back today from a *wonderful* family trip. I have soo much to report and update this blog! First of all: Sea-Tac airport where we got our white Ford Escape rental ... a trivial little note that really doesn't matter but helps me to better remember all the other bits of trivia that come together like a puzzle in my head. So we spent the first two nights (Thursday June 28 and Friday the 29th) at the Marriott hotel in Redmond Town Center. Redmond is not the quiet little town I remember, it has grown and prospered! breakfast on Friday was Taco Bell so the kids could see a favorite restaurant/hang-out for us back then. Ryan had arranged for me to go to the Clinique counter at Macy's (right next to the Marriott) and get my make-up done right just before we went to our official 20 year high school reunion, which was also at the Marriott. I saw and got to talk to some wonderful friends like Amy Neugebauer (D'Uva), Laini Coons (Kube), Jen Blight (Steffen), Christy Wendt, Andrea Liljegren, Melinda Kloepfer (Rice), Lisa Sieberg (Porter), Chris Morgan, Sean Pankella, Shannon and Shelby Reed, Jen Bloomquist, Brian Iverson ... People I was looking forward to seeing but they didn't show up were: KC Thompson, Martin Oates, Nathan Peck, Sheri Fleming, Michelle Boehm (and Jeff Kujath), Sarah Morse, Sarah Campbell, Phil Upton-Rowley, Emily Richardson, Amy Lawder, Ed LeMaster (even though I was maybe a good close friend to only a few of them but I'm still curious and at least I care). Saturday was a family picnic where I got to see Tiffiny Simpson and her three beautiful little ones, and Sarah Profit and Marcin Ludowicz. From the picnic we drove to Ocean Shores to a community called Seabrook with Cameron and Lisette. The six of us rented a cabin there for three nights (Saturday Sunday Monday). What a wonderful getaway that was!!! Highlights include bodyboarding and walking on the beach, cycling on the beach in Ocean Shores the last day, and for me- some good talking time with my sister i.l. and our cabin had a full kitchen so of course some excellent meals planned and prepared by Lisette and Cameron. But mostly Lisette :-)
Labels: ooooold posts

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home