Part two
Yesterday I didn't complete the West Coast trip so this will be the rest of that trip taking off on Tuesday from Ocean Shores. We drove south through Oregon looking out for any Bigfoots to take pictures of (they're there!). We stayed in a Super 8 in Willitz and a Best Western in Cottage Grove and then three nights in Folsom and three nights In Fremont. In Folsom I loved getting to meet Ryan's awesome band friends for a long chat/dinner at Rubio's and then we met again the next day at Dana's house for a buffet lunch/pool party. I met Branda and Jeremy Corey and their son Avery, 11, and they have a 19 year old son Alex, but Alex wasn't there. And there was Amy and Dan Cornett and their girl, Maddy. And Dana and Chris McCargo and a bunch of teenage boys older than Kyle. Sunday we attended the chapel right up by the Folsom LDS temple. The ward was very welcoming and friendly and I enjoyed hearing many testimonies from ward members since it was the first Sunday in August. The highlight was getting to see a young boy, maybe 10, come out and say he really loves all of his ward family. That truly is what ward family and the Gospel of Jesus Christ is all about! Sunday evening we all had dinner with Steve and Sue, I love visiting with them. The next couple days I spent some quality time with Grandma at her house while Ryan and the kids went to Great America for the day. And Tuesday, our last day, we went to Steve and Sue's to just hang out and then to Fuddruckers for dinner where we met Brooke and Will and Daenon, Davis, Haley, and Sadie. We got up at 3:00 in the morning to catch our flight at 6, had a couple hour layover in SLC and were back home at 2:30. Traveling through time zones is fun when you're going west to east!
Labels: ooooold posts

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home