Saturday ... The Big Day
Today was the whole reason for the trip, or the biggest reason for the trip for me. The Chili Pepper Invitational ... that my Kyle and my Anna ran in with the HH cross country team. It rained and stormed all night so the whole course was a big mudslide ... with patches of grass and big gravel. We got there before 10:00 and Kyle was scheduled to run at 11:00 but it got pushed back to 12:15. Kyle did terrific! I thought when he finished at 17:40 that he P.R'd but he says he tied his personal best. Anna was scheduled to run at 1:40 then it got pushed to 3:00 and then just combined with the varsity girls that took off right after Kyle. Finished, so she got 30:53 and I'm so proud of both of them! Walking back to the truck (it was a good .75 mile between the parking and the meet) my fingers almost froze off. Not literally, but today was definitely the first *cold* day of winter this season for me. Coming "home" from the meet we stopped at Braum's to get more milk and I got some chicken strips from the restaurant that I put in a ziplock and into the fridge so I can eat it tomorrow. We got back to the t.t. And had lunch (leftovers from last night) and I finished 'Ender in Exile' by Orson Scott Card. Great book :-) we tried to watch some of conference on the tv in the trailer but it was patchy because of the internet, I think. I will read it all in the Ensign next month, especially Elder Holland's talk during the second session today. I hope we can see conference better tomorrow!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home